Now in its fifth year, The Nurtured Way is settling into a new era, in a lovingly restored historic home, nestled in the woods of Rose Valley, PA.
I have continued to expand my practice as an Independent Placenta Encapsulator and have served nearly one hundred families as of November 2013, and the number continues to grow.
My passion for holistic care has also increased as I spend more time delving into the the rhythms and cycles of mother earth and tapping into her wisdom. As my practice of meditation deepens, and as I focus on the heart centered Mettā Meditation, I am so filled with gratitude for the opportunity to offer love-centered holistic care to my consultation clients (and love-centered placenta preparation and postpartum support to my encapsulation clients!).
I currently have between four and eight openings per-month for encapsulation clients, and one opening per week for clients interested in holistic consultations via Skype and email.
I also have an occasional selection of herbal products and hand knits in my etsy shop.
A little more about me:
In addition to working with placentas, whole foods, herbs, and holistic intuition, I spend some of my time “wielding the net magic” over at herbiary.com and maiatoll.com. I am also a wife, and mama of two boys, and I’ve spent more than a decade in the Online Marketing/SEO industry and was once upon a time a professional oboist and English hornist. As for other interests… I love to cook, from scratch, with local and organic ingredients, I’m a knitter obsessed with wool, enjoy writing, reading, and long walks in the woods…
Curious about my training and experience?
You can find more details about my background and approach throughout this site, but a few bullet points…
- I trained as a birth and postpartum doula with Birth Arts International in 2009 and was honored to serve many families through 2012.
- I have been preparing placentas using both the raw and TCM/Aviva Romm methods since 2011.
- I studied herbalism and advanced holistic healing practices in 2012 -13 with Maia Toll, Denise Straiges, CCH RSHom(NA), Jill Hoffman, ND, and Lynn Roberts after spending 5 years in independent study.
- I am spending 2013-14 in study with Anna Sayce (Intuitive Development) and Gina Spriggs (Holistic Intuitive Training) as I hone my intuitive abilities and refine my repertoire of energy healing techniques.
- I’m also continuing my studies with Dr. Aviva Romm in her 400 hour Women’s Herbal Educator Course.
- I was introduced to traditional and healing diets in 2007, and began a much deeper exploration of them in 2009 after the birth and subsequent illness of my second son (Ayurveda, Weston A Price, GAPS, SCD, Primal, Raw vegan, etc.) and have been keenly engaged in our path towards healing with whole foods ever since. (In my experience, while some foundations ring true across the board, each body needs careful attention and a custom plan of action – I don’t believe in a “one size fits all” diet, so you won’t find that here.)
- I studied Reiki for two years with Nora Beeman and then briefly with Dharmadevi Romano.
- I studied with Nikki Lee in Philadelphia to become a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor in 2010.
- I attended the Midwifery Today Conference in 2010 and took part in a variety of seminars which examined both physical techniques and spiritual/emotional aspects of birth work.
- I was certified in Neonatal Resuscitation through April 2012 and plan to renew my certification this year.
In love and light…